Guide to Getting The Most From Your iPhone 4
A one-stop guide to unlocking the full potential of your iPhone 4.
I finally got myself an iPhone 4 last week. After months of deliberations as to whether to get an iPhone, Andriod or Nokia handset, I finally took the plunge and got an iPhone 4.
The main reason for choosing the iPhone 4 was that the phone carrier had a very attractive iPhone plan. I’m with Optus Australia and they have a $59/mth iPhone plan that included the following:
- $450 worth of calling credit,
- Free calls to any Optus mobile,
- Free unlimited text messages and multimedia messages to any mobile in Australia,
- 2GB worth of data (including internet tethering),
- Unlimited usage of social networking sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, eBay and FourSquares),
- and the iPhone 4 came free!
It took 4 weeks from signing the plan to receiving the iPhone 4 handset. And when I got it, I spent the next few days playing with the iPhone, customizing it and learning about all the applications and their functionality.
I’m therefore writing a series of Little Handy Tips over the next few days to share what I’ve learned and done with my iPhone.
Why am I writing this series?
I’m writing this series because I found that I had to trawl through Google, searching for all the information I needed to configure my iPhone. There was not a central place which had all the instructions I needed, not even on Apple’s website. Also some of the information took a while to find and there were multiple trial and errors with configuration settings before I got it right.
So this guide is to share with you what I’ve learned so that you won’t need to spend the countless hours I did when setting up your iPhone. 🙂
I also noticed that most of my friends who had their iPhones (and for a much long time than I), were using only the basic functionality on the device. And it turns out that the reason was that they did not know that their iPhone can do more and/or they did not have the time to look for the instructions or learn about the iPhone’s features.
If you’re like my friends, then this guide will be a one-stop site for you to unleash the full potential that your iPhone has to offer.
After all, we all like to get the most out of the things we have right?
iPhone one-stop guide
Below is a list of tips I’ll be writing (in no particular order) in the next few days and I’ll link them to the actual article as they become available.
Follow the tips as they become available and you’ll learn how to get the most out of your iPhone.
Count and see how many tips you didn’t know about your iPhone!
So bookmark this page or subscribe to the newsletter and get the tips send to your inbox (or iPhone!)
- Discover hidden iPhone features.
- Create custom iPhone ring tones.
- The right way to setup hotmail, msn or live email accounts on the iPhone.
- Why you shouldn’t setup Gmail on the iPhone using the default way.
- Working with multiple Google calendars on the iPhone.
- Add colors to iPhone calendars.
- Grouping iPhone contacts for quick access.
- Synchronization done easy between iPhone, Mac and Gmail.
- Your iPhone 4, your internet modem.
- Getting the most out of your iPhone’s battery.
If you have a topic you like to know more of, or like to share, leave a comment to let me know.